Develop Neighborhoods * Empower Citizens* Build Solutions
Solutions are rarely easy, but I believe empowerment is contagious and brings a new kind of momentum for positive transformation. As your City Councilor, I will work tirelessly to develop our neighborhoods, empower our residents, and find solutions to the challenges we face.
This past year I worked as a guest columnist for the Post-Standard. I wrote articles analyzing a range of topics: local government consolidation, concentrated poverty, delinquent property taxes, vacant houses, youth employment, the I-81 decision, and segregation within our schools. Each article identifies a challenge, synthesizes existing research, and presents a solution. These articles highlight how I will approach many of the challenges we face.
- How suburban schools could help revive Syracuse neighborhoods – 01-05-2017
- Young people just aren’t that into voting – 11-23-2016
- Take steps now to push back the spread of poverty – 10-12-2016
- Dare to change status quo with Interstate 81 decision – 08-17-2016
- Make a dent in school segregation; build a countywide high school – 07-01-2016
- Investing in summer jobs for teens pays dividends later on – 05-20-2016
- ‘Canal Corridor’ could help Upstate New York compete – 04-17-2016
- To grow Syracuse’s property tax base, create incentives for people to buy homes – 03-11-2016
- Government consolidation should empower us to confront challenges of our time – 02-07-2016
Follow me on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/TimothyMRudd
- On Facebook you can see additional information about the campaign. Please do take a moment to like/follow the page. It allows for direct, instant, and free communication.